What we need
- Recommendations on active and passive recruiting and proper channels to pursue candidates
- Guidelines for hiring process, including order and number of interview rounds, reference checks, and general best practices for an inclusive interview
- Effective interviewing techniques and clear, consistent standards for evaluating candidates
- Tips for negotiating details such as compensation package and title
[COLE000] The College Engagement Department Head leads initiatives with NJ Universities and Colleges to provide volunteer instructors for JerseySTEM's middle schools. They manage teams across Business Development, Student Groups, and Individuals, reporting to the COLE board. They collaborate with other departments for hiring, budget, and marketing needs, streamlining college engagement. Representing COLE in leadership and budgeting/planning activities.
What we have in place
- JerseySTEM offers a well-structured setup for the College Engagement Department Head role, comprising strong relationships with NJ universities and colleges, cross-functional teams, and collaboration with other departments for hiring, budget, and marketing needs.
How this will help
This project will save us $4,806 , allowing us to provide instruction to 50 additional middle school girls, cover classroom related expenses and ensure the widest possible access to our program amongst underserved middle school girls.
Vital for JerseySTEM's success: managing diverse teams, collaborating with departments, improving college engagement, and ensuring effective leadership and reporting for thriving and achieving goals.
About the org
If your address is in the US or Canada, pls read below. If you are not, we apologize but we are not able to enroll non US/Canada located volunteers.
JerseySTEM is a grassroots 501(c) nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math ("STEM") education to 5th-8th grade girls in New Jersey underserved communities
We partner with socially responsible companies and their employees, youth organizations in underserved communities, and civic-minded college students and universities.
Together we develop and deliver innovative, hands-on, and online afterschool projects and inquiry-based learning opportunities that develop teamwork, 21st-century problem-solving skills, and self-esteem.
What we do
Reduce the gender gap in STEM participation;
Bridge the innovation gap in STEM education by introducing novel formats for teaching Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math;
Address the opportunity gap by expanding access to STEM programs in underserved communities.