On Point for College has 10 virtual National Day of Service events taking place in the two weeks leading up to 9/11. We are looking to learn how to utilize Zoom Video Conferencing to design a webinar.
This project will aid our organization in gathering together 100 new volunteers in honor and remembrance of those who served in the aftermath of 9/11 and asking them to commit to a year of service moving forward.
Our Mission: We break down barriers that prevent young, underserved individuals from achieving education and career success.
Our Vision: To transform communities by making college, training and career success a reality for those who face great obstacles.
On Point for College provides a comprehensive suite of services that allows us to meet our students wherever they are along their post-secondary journeys. To do this, we offer:
* One-on-one advising, including help with preparing college & financial aid applications
* Transportation to & from colleges for semester breaks, emergencies, and placement exams
* A set of basic college & dorm supplies so no student arrives unprepared
* Campus tours during the spring & fall semesters for prospective students
* Ongoing support and advisement throughout their college careers, including visits from On Point staff and connection to on-campus resources
* Career planning, including guidance in selecting a course of study, help with resumes, interview skills, job shadowing, internships, and networking
Leah provided some nice tips and best-practices for setting up a virtual video conference/ webinar.
(No testimonial has been submitted by Leah)