We hire individuals who are motivated to change the world. We seek diverse, mission-driven professionals who embody our values of 100% responsibility, entrepreneurial leadership, growth mindset, radical candor, and mindfulness. Our people are on a constant pursuit of professional and personal growth, and believe that time spent on high-value activities can ignite positive social change.
We are at the intersection of many worlds (for-profit and nonprofit; purpose and business; talent development and corporate social responsibility), and we seek to break down the barriers between these silos to allow talent and resources to flow more freely.
We’re searching for teammates who will help realize our mission. We are an ego-free, passionate, and collaborative team striving to make giving your skills commonplace. Our company culture– a blend of social enterprise, tech startup, and classroom laboratory– gives our employees a unique opportunity to create a more equitable, efficient and effective social good sector, and a more compassionate world.
If you’re passionate about the Catchafire team, but don’t see a clear role for you, we’d still love to hear from you. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify "General Application” in the subject, and please include short answers to the following questions: (1) Why do you want to work at Catchafire? (2) What is your personal philosophy on work? (3) How will your unique skill set elevate the Catchafire team?
All Catchafire roles unless otherwise stated are based in New York City.
Manager, Foundation Partnerships
About the Role
The Manager of Foundation Partnerships will both own a portfolio and support the Sr. Director, Foundation Partnerships to manage some of our largest and most innovative foundation partners within a given region or regions. Our foundation partners are grantmaking foundations focused on community building and supporting and elevating local nonprofit organizations. Our Foundation Partnerships team manages the relationships with our foundation partners, ensuring their programs are meeting goals and exceeding expectations. In this role, you will be responsible for demonstrating the measurable impact the Catchafire program is having on their nonprofit communities. As a member of the revenue team, you are also responsible for driving the strategic renewal and growth of your portfolio’s programs year over year.
Through your excellent communication skills, top-notch project management ability, and keen partnership sense, you will build lasting relationships with our partners and pave the way for hundreds of nonprofits to use the Catchafire platform.
YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO
- Support the Sr. Director, Foundation Partnerships in managing all partners within a key region. Together you will:
- Help develop the regional partnership management strategy
- Execute relationship management activities such as coordinating and leading partner calls, reporting on progress, planning and executing meetings, and maintaining regular email communication
- Ensure that Catchafire has relationships with key strategic leaders in order to share our learnings and shape our partnership
- Increasingly manage your own portfolio of accounts
- Support the Foundation Partnerships team on forward-looking, strategic work such as program design, program reshaping, and renewal
- Collaborate with internal teams to generate marketing, programming, and deliverables for the partner
- Monitor progression of ongoing programs against partner success metrics and internal goals
- Report on engagement and nonprofit findings to your partners and Catchafire internal teams regularly
- Generate fresh ideas aimed at improving success metrics and partner satisfaction
- Provide responsive, proactive, high-quality support to partners
- Spectacular communicator: You begin by listening and asking rather than telling your opinions. You make your partners (internal and external) feel heard and are able to explain complex topics simply. You are able to write and vocalize your thoughts in a thoughtful, concise and direct way.
- Structured collaborator: You work methodically and like to create appropriate and effective structures to help you and your team accomplish goals. You have a natural systems-orientation and thrive on both detail and efficiency. You are a star implementer and excellent team player who is able to manage up, down, sideways and crossways to ensure success.
- Unwavering attention to detail: You understand the professional standards that our partners expect, and you hold yourself and your teammates to a high bar of delivery. You ensure that every piece of work that is produced under your watch is excellent.
- Do what it takes attitude: You maximize the resources around you to chart a path to the goal. No task is too small or arduous if it is in service of larger goals. You are hungry for responsibility and can see how tiny pieces of work elevate an overall experience.
- Growth mindset: You are humble and see opportunities to learn at every turn.
You must have:
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in supporting a client facing team
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent creative problem solving and critical thinking ability
- Excellent relationship building skills and EQ
- Analytical skills and experience using data to tell a story
- Program and project management experience
It would be nice if you had:
- Proficiency in Excel, data and task management tools
- Experience in philanthropy
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits
If our values resonate with you, email your resume to email@example.com. Please specify "Manager, Foundation Partnerships" in the subject line, and include short answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to work at Catchafire?
- What does it take to manage and grow long-term programs and partnerships?
This position is based in New York City.
SVP Marketing & Programming
Catchafire is a full service, on-demand solution designed to address the wide-ranging and complex needs of nonprofits by connecting them with talented pro bono professionals. We partner with major funders (read more here) to provide unlimited access to Catchafire to tens of thousands of nonprofits ready to invest in the growth of their organizations and the impact of their service.
Our mission is simple: catalyze positive social change by building a stronger nonprofit sector fueled by talent abundance. See our 2019 Impact Report for more.
About the role and the department
The SVP, Marketing & Programming is responsible for all marketing and programming to end users (nonprofits and volunteers) and partners (funders and corporations), contributing to Catchafire’s mission in two critical ways:
- Marketing - own our holistic brand strategy, channel marketing and content marketing to drive growth of impact & revenue by ensuring our nonprofits, volunteers and funders are aware and engaged in our differentiated digital platform solution.
- Programming - own the customer journey by delivering a world-class, seamless program experience to complement the Catchafire.org platform designed to reach, educate and support those with access to Catchafire throughout the duration of their membership.
The SVP is responsible for the following centralized departments who collectively deliver on marketing and programming functions:
- Marketing - drives our marketing strategy for both our end users (nonprofits and volunteers) as well as our funding partners including high level brand, messaging strategy and digital channel marketing.
- Events & Curriculum - delivers on-boarding and educational curriculum via in-person and virtual events spanning from Catchafire 101s, to advanced project planning workshops, to topical webinars designed to provide building blocks and best practices on critical areas of organizational investment.
- Customer Success - provides on-demand support to our community of nonprofits and volunteers via live chat, email support and 1:1 advisory, proactively monitors our marketplace and drives adoption to the late majority and laggards.
- Program Delivery - oversees the launch and delivery of our yearly programs for new and renewing partners leveraging our deep sector knowledge to provide best practices and consultation on marketing strategy and program design.
The ideal candidate is a natural marketer with program experience and a proven ability to develop a deep understanding of end-user and client needs through qualitative and quantitative measures. We are seeking a leader with a passion for people management and an expertise in building a strong culture of cross-departmental collaboration.
***This is an executive-level role reporting directly to the CEO and will be part of our leadership team collectively responsible for guiding our mission, business and people.
- Manage a multi-department team: outlining the strategic vision in line with company objectives, optimizing roles and responsibilities and investing in the development of people
- Drive vision for marketing from brand to engagement and acquisition,
leading our growth strategies across all three audiences
- Guide the design and delivery of our outreach and education solutions (e.g. multi-channel marketing, in-person and online events) to drive predictable customer engagement as we scale
- Guide our product marketing practices to ensure prospective clients, active partners and our 100k+ volunteers get the most from the platform
- Oversee our holistic program strategy from program design to execution
- Scale our support and advisory services to tens of thousands of active members
- Collaborate with our Product & Partnerships Teams as well as directly with foundation partners to continually improve our programs
- Maintain a data-driven culture of continuous improvement to evolve program design, drive end-user adoption and deliver client insights
- Join our executive team as a leader at the company-wide level participating in strategic planning for our business, our mission and our people
- Exceptional People Leader and Manager: You inspire and motivate the people you work with by clearly communicating your vision, your expectations for behaviors and outcomes and by consistently coaching and modeling the behaviors you seek from your team
- Creative Marketer: You understand your customers core motivations and cognitive barriers and can build creative solutions that will capture their attention, their trust and inspire them to take action
- Operator / Innovator: You strike the right balance in understanding how to create clear processes and systems while enabling the team to take calculated risks in order to continue to test and learn and optimize our work
- Collaborative Culture Creator: You have a knack for guiding cross-functional teams to collaboratively solve gnarly issues and evolve their approach with the company’s mission and strategy as a consistent guidepost
Experience / Background
- 10+ years work experience in digital brand and channel marketing
- Experience in events and programming
- Experience in client services, program management, or related
- Experience working with technology platforms and digital solutions
- Commitment, experience or interest in the social good sector
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading cross-functional teams
- Nonprofit and / or philanthropic sector knowledge
- Experience working in growing, fast-paced start-ups
If our values resonate with you, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify "SVP, Marketing & Programming" in the subject line.
This position is based in New York City.